If I knew then what I know now…
I would stop racing, stop competing – cuz it’s not a race.
I would devote WAY fewer journal pages to planning and scheming and WAY more to free associating and doodling – the kind of dreaming that leads, not to plans or short term goals but to vision. I’d sift through those old goal-stuffed journals for my theme: the ONE story, the unifying vision that includes them all.
I would aim my whole life – every moment, every day – toward that vision.
I would let providence work its magic, delivering people and opportunities to my doorstep, laying gifts at my feet – because it would, it does.
The moment we align with a vision that’s worthy of us, providence aligns with it too.
With a pen and paper handy, I would ask myself these soul questions:
- What do I obsess about? What keeps calling to me? What am I drawn to, in a way that I cannot explain? Are these obsessions in ‘shadow’ or in ‘light’? I would reverse shadow obsessions to light – and obsess about them that way.
- What do I wish would happen? Is this a wish that I am hoping someone else will activate/make real? I would consider making my wishes happen myself.
- Who do I envy – and why? I would make a “green list” itemizing every quality, material success, physical attribute and lucky break that the person I envy has that I don’t.
- I would change the name of that “green list” to: What I want. I would send a beam of searingly cleansing gratitude to the person who inspired it for revealing – through their example -= a huge chunk of my own shadow vision to me. And then, I would ask the universe/God/the angels to bring some of that to me.
- I would remember, every step of the way – including this one, that it’s not too late. It’s never too late. I would remind myself of the many great artists and creators who came to their great work later in life – and I’d let it inspire me to open to my own.
Today, I do these things. Today, success is pouring into my cup like champagne – all bubbly and golden and a little bit intoxicating.
I am sipping – not gulping – because I want, more than anything, to stay awake to what keeps coming, and…
… oh, wait.. there’s more on this list. See how it fills in, bubbling up from the deep inner spring that never stops gurgling.
- I would pray more and plan less.
- I would tune into the divine seed that lives inside of my heart and get to know THAT really well. And spend a lot less time trying to figure out what the market was doing; what trend was trending; what was the next HOT thing.
- I would understand that I am the next hot thing.