This is a companion post – part two of an ongoing vision project, and is meant to be read along with part one: More of this, please. In this post, you’ll find my own “More of This List,” which I update regularly. I encourage you to start and maintain your own “More of This” list and to share it (or a link to it), in the comments below.
More of this, please.
- More peace, more gentleness, more kindness, please.
- More opening to love, more integrity, more attunement to the things, people and experiences that make me quake with joy. Remind me that this quaking does not make me silly or childish or not enough. Remind me that this quaking is resonance – it’s love. The quaking is just my body’s way of adjusting to a new frequency; a sweet and pure and holy vibration that is calling me to expand a little further, to reach -if I can summon the courage, and get past the quaking – toward a new space in myself (and in the world.)
- And then, I would like:
- These slippers – boiled wool, with polka dots, please. (I will wait until they come in my size.)
- An easel and a space in my life (and my home) for making art – collage, photography and watercolor.
- 20 yards of silk velvet to re-upholster the sofa that I found in a jumble spilling out of the door of the church bazaar.
- More storage drawers for all my little things.
- And more stories, please – books and films; documentaries that expand and illuminate and old-fashioned romantic comedies where pretty people fall, together, into huge feather beds surrounded by white linen curtains. (I need these things,too, to nourish my soul.)
- A trip to Paris to sip cafe creme and write in a quadrille-ruled cahier.
- A great book editor
- A Ph.D. in Archetypal Studies from Pacifica, if you please.
- and the focus to just do my homework – something which, ever since high school, has been hard for me.
Finally, I choose more of this feeling I’ve been having lately: that I am at home in the world, surrounded by support ; guided constantly toward joy, and now and then, completely filled with peace.