Imagine that you just won the lottery – the big wild huge record-breaking Mega Millions prize. As you recover from the shock – with an extended vacation at a beautiful spa in the Fiji Islands (or a nice cup of tea in the kitchen) now is as good a time as any to spend a while (a good long while) scanning your life.
With hundreds of millions of dollars at your disposal, you are now free to do anything, anywhere, for as long as you like, for the rest of your life.
- What will you give up? List all of it – all the stupid, boring, lame, soul-sucking things you no longer have to do.
- What will you add? What will you now, finally, have time to enjoy: the projects you’ve been waiting to begin, the people you’ll call, the naps and the rose-scented baths you’ll take…
- What will you keep? Your family? Your meditation practice? Your friends?
- Where will you travel? New Zealand, Morocco, Europe, the moon?
- What gardens will you plant?
- What houses will you buy?
- What matters to you now? Saving the rain forests? World peace?
- What causes will you support with the vast wand of your wealth?
I’m going to let you in on a secret that wealthy people know: Money is just a symbol. It’s a powerful symbol but REALLY, it’s just paper and coin. The power is in the thing that symbol represents: units of energy. (It’s a flow, like electricity, which is why we measure it the same way we measure electric power – in units of ‘currency.’)
It’s a measure of power. That’s why we all want it; on a very deep level, we understand that money is a symbol of how well we are wielding the power we incarnated to wield. It’s a magic wand – and we are all wizards.
The energy/power that money represents takes three forms: Love, light and life.
Love energy manifests as connection, friendship, affiliation. Light energy manifests as intelligence, illumination and knowledge. Life energy manifests as animation, health, vitality. So you’ve got plenty of that raw material already.
All you have to do is wield it. Use it. Focus it. That’s all it will take to make that lottery list come true. You have to dream big and keep dreaming. You have to anchor the choices in your life to that dream.
Get out a fresh sheet of paper and work on these questions. Begin to consider what you would do if you had all the power in the world at your fingertips (because you do.)
Then, craft your list into a blueprint; a plan; a priceless road map, custom-designed by you, to lead straight to the driveway of your own particular happiness.