Here, at the beginning of the year, it’s a good practice to scan your life: what themes are emerging? What is rising in you? What calls from the future to be built toward in the present?
For me, things once ‘incomplete’ are now moving toward form -
Family ties are deepening in a way that feels precious and private and rich.
New friendships emerge: calling me into partnerships that feel pregnant with beauty and potential
These unfinished ebooks are staring me down, asking: is this a real project? Is holding it here, in my imaginative space, adding to my world? Is it time to burn the notebooks?
My Soul Caller Training is pulling into a form that is shimmering with clarity, more beautiful and life changing than I imagined when, last year, it blew open the doors of my life.
The memoir, which I ache to work on, feels as if it is now aching for me. (This, for me, is a kind of calling. An irresistible merging with this story that is asking to be told.)
Travel, as always, and education.
The trip to Paris that needs to be taken – with or without my daughter; and, as my son graduates from college, my own education calls to be finished. It is time to put some letters – M.A. and even, Ph.D. after my name.
As I work with clients, I understand what it means to put yourself fully into service; how working with others, on their stories, calls the best out of us… out of me.
I understand, also, what my elementary school principal meant when she said I was “not living up to” my potential. I understand this because I am coming closer to living up to it now.
Not living up to my potential means, for me: shrinking from edges – in life, in myself, in my capacity (and by capacity, I mean: my ability to widen and deepen.) It has also meant using my past ‘failures’ as excuses to not do my best in the present.
Oh well, I used to say, I guess I am not the kind of person who does her best.
This year, My clients have shown me: we can change the kind of person we are. They showed this through their engaged enthusiasm, courageous edge crossing and the discovery of their own constant connection with themselves and with grace.
You are constantly connected with grace.
You know that, right?
You can change the kind of person you are.
You know that, too, don’t you? Nothing is written in stone; nothing so deeply woven in that the fabric can’t be pulled apart and rebraided.
You can reconfigure the architecture of self out of which you approach your work, your health, your sense of purpose. You can rebuild what you thought was broken. (It’s not broken.) You can re-encounter the people you thought were lost to you. (They’re not. Even if they are no longer alive.)
You can begin this process from where you are – no matter where you are.
Recalibration isn’t difficult. It only takes awareness of the places where you are not aligned, not resonating with the core of light that is, at the essential level, ‘really’ you.
This core of light is in everyone. No matter what has happened in the past. No matter what you have done – or not done.
This core of light isn’t difficult to find; though it may take some training to discern the particular feel of it; to learn your particular way of sensing it. After that, all it takes is practice.
You can experiment with this.
- listen for it (the core of light has a sound, a vibration that some people can ‘hear’ with a kind of inner listening),
- feel for it (the core of light has a vibration can be felt and sensed in the body – every cell in your body is vibrating toward resonance with this light, all of the time.)
- look for it (sometimes, things just glow.)
- align with it (adjusting thought, intention and action until it feels ‘right’.)
This kind of alignment will require you:
- To trust your own senses, your own impressions.
- To be willing to stop, sniff the air, feel into a situation.
- To become, more and more… physical, even as you expand and open to divine light.
It requires you to discern and then, to set some intentions.
These are mine, for the beginning of 2012:
- To align my life with people who inspire me. Collaborate with resonance and support it.
- To discern and defragment my life. To do this, I will withdraw my energy from projects which will never be finished; give them a proper burial, grieve them, if grief comes and let them go. Fully.
- To reassign the energy I’ve been investing in the past and in unfinished projects into the present.
- To give my full attention only to that which truly resonates; to animate this and love it into full expression.
During the first half of this year, I will launch:
- A new Wisdom Series. Part video, part blog post. part book review. Each week, I’ll bring you someone who’s inspired me. Someone living at (or beyond) the edge of their comfort zone. I’m looking for people who move between the molecules of the world, people who plant seeds, nourish the world, and who, when they are thirsty for something, know how to make it rain. (If you know someone like this, please let me know.)
- The Soul Caller Circle – a supportive, interactive community for graduates of the Soul Caller training, a virtual campfire, a gathering place, a well. In practical terms: a once a month live gathering with me, an ongoing discussion space for sharing and supporting one another.
- The Soul Caller Training – LIVE! Details TBA.
- The Soul Call Book Club – a free, ongoing discussion group, on Twitter and Facebook. One GREAT book a month.
- Sunday morning #SoulCall - a living conversation about living a spiritual life in the middle of a material world. We meet every Sunday at 10 am/EST. To join the conversation, simply search for the hashtag #SoulCall.
- More products like this: My Shadow and Light Cards. Use them to spark your soul journey this year. http://amyoscar.com/shadow-and-light/
As always, I love to hear about your journey, your challenges and breakthroughs by email or here, in the comments.
Happy New Year (again)