The workshop began before I even purchased my ticket – the moment I felt the wake up call – You need to get to this one.My family doesn’t use credit cards. I took out a loan to get there.
After the show, and it was a show, a blowout – delivered from a stage – with music and dancing and even, singing – this is what I knew:
- You are already there.
- Your work matters.
Getting myself there was the workshop. All the rest was delicious icing, a reminder that …
- Each of us has our own special genius.
- Each of us longs to be heard and acknowledged.
- Each of us, seeing that longing in another, wants to listen.
But I knew that before.
The real power of this workshop was the reminder (and the permision) to
- Dance on the stage in a bright green miniskirt.
- Sing ‘Ahhhhh’ the sacred sound of the name of the Divine that lives in you.
- Open, unfold in the presence of strangers who have, through the mysterious magic of resonance, become a community.
Dance. Sing. Open.
- That was my takeaway.
- That was the secret.
But the real secret was being in the presence of two women – each so beautiful and brilliant in her own way – standing fully at the center of the true self.
That’s where the power and the juice was.
In the presence in which they stood; in the power of that example and what it unleashed it inside of me.
Once that was out there, the Grace began.
I fell in love with a beautiful woman: me.