Bringing your shiny new self back home for the holidays (aka: uh oh!)
It’s been a beautiful year of unfolding. You’ve worked hard to expand every horizon you have. And then, just when you think you’ve got this, it’s time to go home for the holidays.
Return. Re-entry. Uh oh.
It can be hard to go back to where things seem never to change – where people are expected to do things the way that they’ve always been done… forever… and ever.
Here are some things to remember (and some things to do) that may help with that.
Things to remember:
You are changed – and that means you’ve got more tools for managing your own energy and emotions.
Things to do:
Before you arrive: Visualize the boundary of your ‘golden egg of self’
Take a moment to sit quietly and connect with yourself. Come to the center of your own heart and breathe. In and out. In and out. Close your eyes and visualize yourself sitting at the center of an egg-shaped field of energy: your energy body.
- Seal off your energy leaks Locate the edge of your ‘egg’, the layer which is like an energy skin – or shell – and scan it – all the way around from the inside – sealing off any places where the shell feels less dense or even open. If this were an actual egg with a hole in its shell, the liquid egg-white would leak out. Seal your shell so that no egg-white would leak out. I like to imagine I’m swabbing ‘golden-egg-sealant’ with my magic paintbrush but just visualizing the energy leaks sealing themselves up works just as well.
- Thicken your shell In your mind’s eye, see your shell becoming thicker and stronger. Not in a ‘keep out’ sort of way – rather, think of it as a line delineating the end of your energy field. Other people have their ‘egg’ and ‘shell’. You have yours. Your ‘egg’ is the container inside of which you move through the world – and though most people can’t see it, you can sense that it’s there and that you are contained within it.
- Fill your inner atmosphere with peace You are the queen (or king) of the inside of your ‘egg of self’. You decide how you want to feel in there. From inside of your own heart, center into the vibration of peace. Center into the vibration of certainty.
- Let go of the idea that your family should treat you differently. Let go of the fear that if they don’t, your transformation will go away. No one can take that from you. You can’t un-know something that you know. It’s yours now.
- Take an internal snapshot of this feeling Notice where you are and how it feels. Snap!
Things to remember:
Your family wants YOU to be happy.
Really. That said, they want to be happy too. And for many people, happiness equals comfortable… and comfort means ‘everything stays the same”. If someone’s uncomfortable with change and you walk in all shiny and new, they may roll their eyes, tease you, make rude remarks, shoot sharp and silencing looks or exasperated sighs your way.
Things to do if you lose your shit:
- Separate from the crowd. Go into the bathroom or Aunt Fanny’s bedroom and close the door.
- Breathe. Pull out that snapshot (see #5 above) of the interior room of peace.
- Plug into your snapshot. Breathe some more. Imagine me holding your hand. Imagine your angels standing behind us.
I want to remind you of something:
They are not the boss of you. You are the only one who decides how you will meet what happens to you. You are the one who modulates and regulates the atmosphere inside of your golden egg of self.
Ask yourself: How do I want to feel right now? How might I meet this from inside my room of peace? Another way of asking this: What would LOVE do here?
Two more things to remember, dear love:
- You’ve changed. Maybe they have, too. We’re all called to evolve, to improve, to reach for our best possible selves. As you encounter each person on your journey home, notice if you are holding THEM in an old story – can you make space for their evolution, their self-discovery?
Can you hold that space in your heart without demanding anything of them? Just an open invitation, just a possibility that they, too, may be shifting into their own interior room of peace. Yes, they’ve got one – everyone has.
- Your golden egg of self is always with you. No matter what anyone else says or does, you can refresh and clear the atmosphere of your golden egg so that it feels the way that you want it to feel in there. You don’t have to let anyone else’s idea of you penetrate that egg.
- Open to change – and to the possibility that everything – your family, your friends, the whole world – has changed. Let that be possible. Let the world support you in being who you really are by offering that opening for others.
We get what we give.
We receive what we send.
We meet what we are.
Support the world in becoming the best that it can be by being the best that you can be. No matter what happens.